Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Field Day!

The big guy had a field trip today at "Field Day." When we got out of our car, Cade noticed other kids that were from public schools. He was shocked that they weren't wearing uniforms. He really didn't know that they are allowed to wear their "real" clothes. This first picture broke my heart...I wanted to go buy the boy some britches that fit!

Cade is milking a "fake" cow.
I love Springdale. (Chickendale.)
This is Cade's teacher. She is 71. No lie. She has spunk and is as sharp as a tack. Cade says she is his favorite teacher so far.
Kind of a nice way to keep them all together, don't you think?

He loved the bunnies and chicks the best.


Only my Dad will know that this is a "Red Poll" heifer calf. She weighed 80 pounds at birth...big gal.


Compost anyone?

Did you know our state is the biggest rice producer?
This gal is named Dolly...that was my first show heifer's name!! You should have heard the uproar from the kids when he milked her with the machine tube thingies!
The next photos are some of Cade's friends...

He picked a winner (Cade picked a winner of a friend.)







Bye Ya'll

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys had a good ole' time! Great pics- like always! Love you!

*-mini-*

Samantha said...

Mrs. Donar was definitely my favorite teacher out of elementary school... possibly that I have ever had. The lady is incredible - and has great stories from her days on the missions field!

Pam said...

We get to do Farm Friends with Jared's class tomorroow. Lots of fun. Although I have to say I'm not looking forward to the "farm" smells on an 80 degree day in my condition!

Anonymous said...

What a fun, and educational field trip! Knowing how Cade likes to learn new things, I bet he had a really good time. I like the baby chicks, too. They are so soft and fluffy.
Love,
Bebe

blessedpath said...

What a fun fieldtrip!! wish my kids could go on trips like that at school!! Hey, I thought of you yesterday. I was in the McD drive thru for my dt coke (imagine that) and a truck with Arizona razorback all over it pulled up. it was some kind of tire co truck from Arkansas...not quite sure what it was doin here:)

Cassie said... said...

where do your kids go to school? Shiloh?