Thursday, June 18, 2009

66 Books Idea...


Mom told me about a cool photography website and as I was looking at it, I realized this gal had the coolest idea ever! She has dubbed her idea "66 books." She is trying to capture images that represent each of the 66 books of the Bible. Well, I am such a copycat, I thought I would join in on the fun. My images won't be nearly as creative or awesome, but it is a great way to study the Bible! I guess I'll have to rename it so I am not a total copycat...maybe something like "Testament Focused." Check out her stuff here: http://www.sailorandcompany.net/index2.php


Here is what I have come up with based on photographs I have taken in the past:
#1 see above pic..."Spacious"
Psalm 18:19 "He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me."

#2 Promise

Genesis 9:16 "Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."


#3 "Direction"
Proverbs 20:24 "A man's steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way?"

#4 "Laughter"
Ecclesiastes 3:1 and 4a "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to weep and a time to laugh."


#5 "Passion"
Song of Songs 1:2 "Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth--for your love is more delightful than wine."


#6 "Sufficient"
Hosea 14:8 "O Ephraim, what more have I to do with idols? I will answer him and care for him. I am like a green pine tree; your fruitfulness comes from me."
This is quite fun! You should copy this chick's idea and try it as well. It is a great way to make the Word come alive! Come on, you know you want to name your photos and become obsessed with finding the perfect photo for the book of Revelation!! The trick is going to be with the minor prophets. If anyone has any ideas for Nahum or Haggai, then I am all ears!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! I noticed you had a caption or two that said 'promise'. I think that would be a neat thing to do. Find promises in the Bible, and pictures for them. You have done a great job with the pictures you have chosen. Have fun, and keep sharing. I love your insight! Barb

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is going to be great fun! You do the work and we reap the benefits!! Mom

In His Army said...

What a cool idea! Great ideas!

Michelle said...

A new challenge! As if the letters weren't hard enough. I love it.

Kim said...

Cool! You've got a good start.