Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to the Daddy of my children...
This first picture will forever be one of my favorites. It doesn't even show your face, but it represents so much...your undying love, complete protection, and precious tenderness towards your boys.
I love how our third-born is your little clone. I mean, look at how you both wrinkle up your faces in the sunlight.
You have been a great coach to our kids...on and off the field. You also have a compassionate heart towards players that might not come from good homes.

Your own little gang...

You sacrifice your body at nights to let little ones beat you up and wrestle you to the ground...knowing it is good for their hearts.

This picture makes me laugh...but it also makes me think of you offering a hedge of protection to your little ones.

You love to be with your guys...teaching them new things and laughing with them. I praise God for the chance to partner with you in this thing called parenting. I love you.



To MY Daddy!
I miss you so much...I hate being so far away! I love it when my boys can be with you on the farm and experience things that I did growing up. You instilled in me such a strong work ethic and I am forever grateful. You love it when all 5000 pounds of me still crawls up in your lap as if 30 years haven't sped by and I am still your lil' toddling Lulu, pigtails and all. Your heart for me has given me a glimpse of the heart of my Heavenly Father. You hurt when I do and rejoice when I do. I am so glad God entrusted me into your love and care. Love you!


To My Father-in-law
You have been a great source of encouragement...always telling me that things have a way of working themselves out and that things aren't usually as big a deal as they may seem. You have raised 3 Godly sons who love the Lord and His Word. As a retired man, you have become very selfless in your 101 trips a day to Walmart, caring for your Mother, and doing dishes for Barbara. I hope your day is special. Love you! (Oh, and glad I was able to teach you how to smile.)


No comments: