Sunday, June 28, 2009

My First Wedding

The title can be a little misleading...I have only been married once and I plan to keep it that way! I had the great honor to photograph a couple's wedding yesterday!

When presented with this opportunity, I practically begged out of it, knowing that I would simply not do it justice. But, it seemed that I was to go forth, and so, for two weeks, I studied all I could study, borrowed a lens and a speedlight, and lived in constant fear. Satan was constantly accusing me, telling me I had no right to even attempt such a precious thing, and to be honest, I was telling him he couldn't be more right! It was very sweet to me when the Holy Spirit led me to the passage of David and Goliath just a couple of days before the big event.

Shooting this wedding was proving to be the giant in my life! David conquered his giant not because he was adequate, but because he knew his God was adequate. God showed me that I had only 5 small stones to take with me...the camera body, 3 lenses, and a speedlight. They would simply have to be enough. And God would come through for me because he can't stand for his name to be defied. When Satan taunts me, he is taunting the living God, because I am His child.

So, fast forward to the big day! I think I was a little giddy...Eric (my assistant for the day) and I were the second people to arrive. It was good to get my bearings, though.

I won't give a ton of details, but, it turns out that shooting weddings can be a real blast! It was pure joy being around the sweetest couple you will ever meet. The love they had for each other just melted my heart.

I hopefully captured some memories and images that they will cherish. The lighting in the church was tricky. I learned so many things, though. You have to go with the flow and be very flexible.

I guess more than anything, I felt so honored to be part of their day. Honored that they would even consider me for the most wonderful day of their lives. It was a real blessing to be a part of something so precious. I really want to put some images up, but I guess I better wait til they get back from their honeymoon.

Oh, and it is so nice to be able to breathe again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok I got on here to look at the pics. I was hoping you would have them on here!!! But are so sweet to let the bride and groom see them first.
You did a wonderful job...I knew you would! -Mari Beth

Anonymous said...

It's strange to feel so excited about seeing wedding pictures of someone I don't even know. Can't wait for you to post them.
Barb

Kim said...

I can hardly wait to see how they turned out.

Cassie said... said...

I almost fainted when I did my first wedding. My legs were shaking so bad for the first few pictures, I had to use the triod to get a clear shot. I bet you did a great job.

In His Army said...

I'm sure you did a great job!!!!!! Can't wait to see!