Friday, June 5, 2009

Summer Lovin'

You know you want to start singing the Grease song, come on! I am with my sister in law, Kelli, on this one: It is hard to beat the movie Grease!

We hit the local pool this morning. I was so excited...hardly anyone was there! A humongous 30 degree pool all to ourselves, such goodness! We only stayed for about an hour. I started to feel a bit bad when all the boys' lips turned blue, their bodies were covered in goosebumps, and they were wrapped up in beach towels trying to get warm. Hmm, maybe we will try that again next week.

I wanted to hear back from all you hot mommas out there...how you are spending your summers. I love creativity and I love frugality...those two things in mind, I would love to have some ideas! Here are a couple of things we are doing:

1. Scripture memory: We will go over and over a scripture at the breakfast table for days on end until we all get it (I will probably be the last to get it...I have lost the ability to memorize!)
Right now we are working on Jeremiah 10:6
"There is none like Thee, O Lord; Thou art great, and great is Thy name in might."

2. Reading: The boys will read 40 small + 1 large book together...at the end of every 40 + 1, they will get a surprise...like a trip to the Dollar Store or to Playworld.

3. Teaching the boys new ways to help around the house...right now, we are working on unloading the dishwasher and I think they about have it down.

4. Spending a long time with my family in NWA. We have friends to play with during the day and I even have a photography shoot!

5. The Zoo and maybe even Silver Dollar City (thanks to my brother who is hooking us up with a couple of free tickets!)

So, how are you spending your days?? Do tell!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

We are:
Reading lost of books. The girls love to read and Olivia is reading easy books on her own now, so they spend a lot of the day reading.

We joined a play group and that's been great. The activities are once a week(on Friday's) and are usually under $5 or FREE. The girls like playing with the same kids each week and I love chatting with the other moms(and occasional dad). The best part is that all the activites are planned for me and I don't have to make any calls or do any work-Just show up!

We are taking part in any Library activity we can. Faulkner County Library isn't the best, but it is pretty good and they have great activities for children. And, FREE!! There are a few moms that go each week from FBC.

We got the girls a SMALL pool for the back yard. Since none of them are good swimmers yet I'm a little scared to take them to the pool by myself. Having a small pool in the yard lets them still enjoy the water and lets me know that they are safe at all times.

OK. That's all I've got!
Have a nice day!!