Thursday, August 20, 2009

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread




We have always loved banana chocolate chip bread in our family, but the recipe I have always used isn't exactly healthy. I was happy to stumble upon a new version which is also pretty healthy! Sam and I whipped it up and enjoyed a piece or two together.
Here is the recipe:
1 1/2 cups unbleached or all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
2 egg whites (I just used eggs)
1/2 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
3 large ripe bananas
1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate morsels
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8x4 loaf pan with nonstick spray.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat sugar and egg whites until light and fluffy. Blend in yogurt and butter. Mash bananas with a fork and stir into yogurt mixture. Stir in flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared pan.
Bake 50-55 minutes, or til a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Remove from the oven. Cool 10 mintues in the pan on a rack. Remove from the pan and cool completely.
You should smell this stuff baking! Oh, my, delish! The taste is amazing; I was totally surprised at how moist it was.
If you want to see an adorable back to school cake, look at the one Kim whipped up yesterday!

6 comments:

Nic said...

Yum! That looks so good! Thank you for praying for Drew WE sure could use it =)

Kim said...

Oooh, sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

well, did you bake enough to bring some on your next mini vacation this weekend????? please, say yes!

Little Oak Table said...

Hey Sista! I got my ingredients to make my bread. Thanks for the recipe!

In His Army said...

YUM YUM YUM! I just made chocolat chip pumpkin bread not long ago, but yours sounds DELICIOUS! I will have to make soon!

Unknown said...

That looks really yummy