Monday, August 10, 2009

Mini Vacation

We had such fun on our mini-vacation with my family in NWA. It was a joke...every time the boys would ask to do something, my Mom would say, "Sure, we are on vacation!"

We crammed about everything possible in the span of 4 days! While driving back home, Cade said, "Man, that was the best 4 days I have ever spent in Fayetteville and Springdale!" He loves to be on the go and this trip didn't disappoint!



Wednesday, we went horse riding with Amelia...which you saw!



Thursday, we went to see my friend, Pam, and her 3 boys which are close in age to mine. She is also pregnant with her 4th boy! Yay! They all loved swimming and playing upstairs in the playroom. I think I could have come back in 3 months and they never would have realized I had left.



Friday, we went to Lokomotion. They played mini golf and laser tag, rode go karts and bumper boats, and dwindled away tokens in the arcade. After "boy play" time, we decided we needed some "girl play" time at the mall. Which, by the way, is not much fun with three boys in tow. Cade was in awe of the Food Court. I keep forgetting that he has rarely visited a mall!

Friday night, we went to eat the best catfish ever and then visited with my Grandparents for a couple of hours. Eli ate a ton of food and then crammed 3 different desserts down. Someone even got engaged while we were there! Gotta love it!



Saturday, we went to the Botanical Gardens (those flowers deserve their own post) and then to see Sir at the farm and help him load hay into the barn. The kids, of course, loved this. Sam wasn't so sure about the huge tractor at first, but loved it once he climbed aboard.

We then went to see Ice Age, Dawn of the Dinosaurs. I thought it was absolutely hilarious. We had the theater to ourselves, which made our outbursts even louder. Mini also enjoyed dancing in the aisles.

Mom and Mini loaded up the boys with new shoes and clothes and I got them some fall things at a great consignment store.



Then, I sadly packed and started the journey home with three boys, one of whom was desperately worn out and thankfully, slept the whole way.














1 comment:

Leslie said...

What fun! We were in NW Arkansas this past Thursday-Saturday!=) We didn't do nearly that much fun stuff though and the girls and I have never been to the garden, but had always planned to while we were living up there.
Great pictures!