Friday, August 14, 2009

An Evening With Chris Tomlin

When Andrew Watson, the founder of Soaring Wings Ranch called me earlier this week to see if I could take some shots of the Chris Tomlin Benefit Concert, I responded with a "sure, I would love to." After I got off the phone, I started jumping up and down like a little school girl! What an adventure!

The meet and greet/photo time prior to the concert was precious. Each child at the Ranch got to take his/her pic with Chris. Chris was so kind to come do this benefit for the kiddos...I am so excited about the exposure the Ranch received as a result!

The concert itself was amazing. Chris has such a gift of leading worship during his concerts...pointing all the glory to Christ and not himself. It was such a precious, unified outpouring of hearts to One Savior. My favorite part was when he sang the chorus of "How Great is Our God" in different languages. (Kelli--he even sang it in Russian!) I love it when I am reminded that people of every tribe and nation will be represented in Heaven, worshiping the same God who made us all.















5 comments:

Kim said...

COOL!!

Jenifer said...

Becke! AWESOME pictures!! After you said you posted them today I couldn't wait to check them out. You CAUGHT IT! You really did. I know it sounds corny, but I remember feeling like "this is what its going to feel like singing in heaven." I just loved that feeling of sitting there in my seat being surrounded by inspired songs, surrounded by believers worshipping, by people that love HIM, our Ranch kids, and frankly that love me. What comfort. It doesn't get any better than that. So glad you got to go and the pics are great! Jenifer

Little Oak Table said...

I LOVE the new 16x20 of you and Chris in your entryway. Perfect addition to the casa!

Can I come by tommorow to visit and admire your decorating skilz?

haha! :)

the Fosters said...

Love the pics!! What a fun time! Wish I could have been there!

Jenni said...

GREAT pictures!!! That was the best concert. My husband and I are still talking about it. What an awesome night!

How cool that you got to meet Chris...I am jealous jealous jealous!