Monday, August 31, 2009

moop and saba

I figured that only about 3 of you know the reason why my blog is named "moop and saba!"
I disclosed this info on my very first post, but that was like eons ago. So here it is!

One of the joys of raising kids is hearing their sweet little mouths start to utter words. Some of these words make perfectly good sense, while others, ahem, do not. When Cade was about two, he had a name for everything, but none of it was in actual English! His substitute name for milk was "moop" and boy, did he ask for it all the time! The kid would have been perfectly fine on a liquid diet, I think.

When Sam was younger, he somehow dubbed "saba" for the words "excuse me." It, of course, stuck. Now, the boys are all too eager to burp and toot just so they can say our family-owned word. It is a very fun replacement...you should try it! Maybe we will get a "royalty" on our family word if everyone adopts it??

So, I started the blog in an effort to capture the everyday sayings that my rascals say. The other day, Sam came up to me and replied, "I'm hippin'." Well, this was a new one! He told me to "watch." I looked at his tummy do a little bounce and realized that he had the hiccups! OHHHH! I asked him if he had the hiccups. He said: "No, I'm hippin'." Very cute. I am wondering if I should change my blog name to "moop, saba, and hippin'."

What are your favorite kid words that have become a part of your regular vocabulary in your family?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pasgetti instead of spagetti and mighter soakers instead of motorcycles :) Lori Weir

the Fosters said...

I think you should change your blog to moop, saba and hippie! It just goes well together!
My kids call Home Depot, Hope Pepow!