Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Alpha Male

I finally captured on camera what seems to be a nightly occurrence around here. I am sitting all comfy in my big chair and Eric sits down at the computer and we start to talk. Savannah, our 70 pound lap dog, decides that the alpha male is doling out some love and wants her share. So, she proceeds to climb into his lap, all the while going crazy with affection. It is the wildest thing! It only seems to happen when we are close to one another and talking. SHE GOES NUTS!

I just don't get it. I feed her. I give her water. I take her to the vet. I give her treats. And, yet she is so in love with Eric, it just cracks me up!

This dog thinks she is in heaven.
On a side note, I think I found my new running buddy. He has blonde hair, big blue eyes and is cute as can be. He is about half my height! His name is Sam and he is a motor! We went to an indoor walking/running track this morning and had a blast. It was my first time to turn his loose and it made me kind of nervous, because the place was packed. (It is still January and people are still doing good with their resolutions!)
Once I told him which lane to stay in, he did great. The boy ran for probably 15 minutes, which meant I ran for that long to make sure he stayed out of everyone's way. He is the best trainer ever! And I am betting that my new running buddy is going to take an excellent nap today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Sam is here, and IF I am doing my exercise tape, he goes to the drawer and pulls out the balls and we begin exercising. So, I'm not surprized that he likes to run, also. I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying this special time with him. He is such a sweetie!
Barb

Kelli said...

Wow! That is awesome. Keep that up. I think it's so cute seeing little kids out jogging with their parents. Love you guys :)

Little Oak Table said...

you look skinnier already. was he yelling at you to "MAKE A DIFFERENT CHOICE!!" the whole time like jillian does?

:)