Tuesday, January 26, 2010

In Just One Word

While taking the boys to school this morning, the radio offered an interesting idea. Here it is: in just ONE word, sum up what you would like to see God do in 2010. At first, I thought this would be tricky, and then I realized that most of my prayers seem to have a centralized theme, so maybe I could accomplish this radio task after all. Whew, what a relief.

Here is my word: New

*I need for God to write new lyrics and new chords on the pages of my heart as he ushers forth a new song for me to sing.

*My soul needs a new and fresh revelation of Jesus.

*Our family needs a new blessing of financial provision.

*I'd love to see a new earth where babies aren't orphaned after their parents are buried under mounds of rubble.

*My mind needs a new and creative way to bring glory to God...or for God to take an old thing and make it new in His way.

*New and freshly given joy.

I am reminded of Revelation 21:5: "He who was seated on the throne said, I am making everything new!"

{Amen! And let it be!}

If you had to choose just one word...something you would like to see God do in 2010...what word your word be? I will pray over that word with you and praise Him when He brings it to fruition in your life!

6 comments:

bigsis said...

"REVEAL" - To discern the revelation of God's will for me through His written Word. To know what it is He desires of me and what He delights in me to be according to His direction in Scripture.

"For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith.'" Romans 1:17

"The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes. The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous." Psalm 19:7-9

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I like this bigsis!

I just started Beth Moore's new study, "Revelation" last night and she tells us to ask God for a fresh revelation of Jesus Christ.

I will pray that God reveals Himself and His purpose to you in a mighty way.

Thanks for sharing!
Becke'

Savannah B said...

Goosebumps!! I love it.

New.


One of the songs most precious to me is the Newsboy's "Breathe (Benediction)"

"Breathe on me, breathe oh breath of God, breathe on me 'til my heart is NEW."

Those words are a prayer I whisper so so often.


Thanks for the NEW perspective!

Kelli said...

Miracle - I feel like I've been praying for this in a certain area for a lifetime and I'm tired of the begging. I just long for a miracle.

Little Oak Table said...

Disipline is my word!

God's Girl said...

Oh I love this idea! Thanks for the great tip. We have a tradition of writing a thank you letter to the Lord for the previous year and we share them in our small group. I love the idea about picking one word to incorporate into your prayer for next year.

I just found your blog and thought I would say hello! : )

Love,
Julie