Friday, January 8, 2010

Photo Tip


This is my new favorite wall in my house! Isn't it just WONDERFUL? Well, OK, you may not be as smitten with my kids as I am, and that is OK. I just have to confess something: these prints are the first individual kid prints that I have ever had in anything bigger than an 8x10. AND. I. LOVE. THEM. Why on earth did it take me so long to figure out that "bigger is better" when it comes to print sizes? These are 11x14s.
I read something recently (by a pro fotog) that said you should never hang anything smaller than an 11x14 on your wall and I think she is on to something! So, here is my photo tip for you guys: GO BIG! Whether it is a picture you took or you are using a professional, make yourself go no smaller than an 11x14 for your fave shot. I think you will love the results!
And, I do apologize for my (incessantly) messy desk. I just wanted ya'll to feel right at home.

8 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

i love them! i sweet talked my husbster into hanging our's this afternoon and i think they look purty great!

good tip on targe'....i'll have to check that out. we are into purchasing great gifts when we find them. with 18 kids at home sometimes it is just not convenient to run out before a party.

Heather said...

LOVE THEM!!! You know I am a picture nut and I agree---the bigger the better! I love square pictures/frames, too!

Cassie said... said...

I have all 16x20's and I love them!

Becky Lockett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky Lockett said...

Where was it again that you got these developed?? I forgot where you said you ordered them from.....

Jenny said...

love the pictures!! and the messy desk warmed my heart and made me feel right at home, really! ;0)

blessedpath said...

I agree, but another trick, esp with the kids school pics that only come in 8 x 10, I always try to put them in a bigger frame with matting...to give the illusion that they are bigger and give them more prescence on the wall! Thanks for the tip!

Unknown said...

I love the pics