Sunday, April 18, 2010

Catch Up!

What a weekend! We drove up to NWA to see Eli participate in his state speech meet. The boy did amazingly well! He said he didn't even get nervous. His enunciation, speed, and eye contact were on target. His dimples didn't hurt, either. He came away with "Superior Silver" which is really good! I think it was a great experience for him.

Of course, the icing on the cake was that we got to see my family all weekend, too! We went to see "How to Train your Dragon" in 3D....which was all three boys' first time to see a 3D movie. What a hoot! Sam kept wondering why things were coming out of the screen. I was a little shocked he kept the glasses on...he did great! I love this movie and recommend it...great storyline!

Mom blessed us with her cooking...biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast, brisket, green beans, wilted lettuce salad, hot crush potatoes, yeast rolls and peach cobbler for lunch...yummy! When we got back home, we celebrated Eric's brother, Zach's bday with him and I could hardly eat a bite! You know I was full if I passed on a chocolate cupcake and coffee!

It was a nice mini get-away. Now, I leave you with photos from last Thursday when a bunch of blog moms got together for a little play date with the kids. The girls put on bride's dresses while the boys splashed in mud puddles. It is always refreshing to see my blog friends in "real life!" Love it when we can get together! Have a great week!



No comments: