Sunday, April 4, 2010

My arms won't stop shaking...

I just finished day 1 of P90x. (An intense workout from the pit of hell itself.) We ordered it a long time ago and got through a few weeks and then I chickened out. Because it. is. hard.

And now, after completing day 1 (I chose the "lean" course over "classic" because weight loss is the goal,) I am trying to lift a bite of salad into my mouth and my arms are shaking so badly that I think I will just lean over and lap it up like a dog. Which isn't too different than how Kirby (bro) used to eat...he would just lean over and shovel it in with his fork.

Forgive me as I try to type and make sense...my brain has suffered the "muscle confusion" as well. Oh, you don't think I can have muscle confusion until after at least another workout? Oh, sweet Jesus, help us all. Maybe it is just complete bodily function shut down I am experiencing right now. I should go put on a Depends. You just never know what else is going to fail...

So, I have discovered a secret about myself. If I don't workout, then I eat whatever I want. But, if I work out, then I am very conscious about what goes into my mouth because I don't want to "undo" all my sweaty work. Are you that way? Or do you feel like working out gives you the freedom to eat what you want, since your metabolism is in high gear? What do you eat to get more protein in your diet?

Swimsuit season is in 8 weeks. I needed a kick in the rear. Thank you P90x. I hate you with everything that is within me.

Who starts a workout program on Easter? In theory, it is a great idea...it will keep me out of the boys' candy!

Speaking of Easter, I love all the blog pics of your cute kids and Easter baskets and Easter egg hunts! I yanked my kids out of bed at 7 to ensure that they got to experience their baskets while I was around...I had to leave at 7:20 to be at church for worship practice. Loved church today! Love me some Jesus! He is alive and intercedes on my behalf! Whoo-hoo! Anywhoo, I don't have any pictures because I am fighting a dilemma in my mind.

Here it is: I don't know anymore what to do with my pictures! I used to scrapbook when God seemed to smile down upon me and give me more hours in my day. But things have changed. I. Just. Don't. Have. Time. And I don't know how to remedy that! So, I find myself taking less pics cause I don't know what to do with them! I am good at printing them out and not leaving everything in digital form, but then I am stuck! Part of me wants to pick up scrapbooking again, and part of me realizes that it may never happen again.

So, I need your help! What do you do with your pics? Do you have a simple album for each child and then a family album? Do you scrapbook? Do you throw them in a big brown box? Do you make online photo books for each child... say one per year of the child's life? Help a girl out! I need to be released from self condemnation so I can get into some kind of action or I am going to remain paralyzed over this and keep stashing piles of pics in places like the inside of piano benches.

So tell me two things. Or just one. Whatever tickles your fancy on this fine Easter evening.
1. What do you eat to get more protein?
2. How do you organize your printed pictures?

Love you blog friends. hugs.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell you the brown box system doesn't work. It's too overwhelming to go through them. I'm looking forward to the answers you receive. I hope scrapbooking is not the winner!!!!!
Barb

Erica said...

! Hilarious. I just re-started Insanity tonight (I don't know how many weeks it's been, but long enough to be bad). Plus, it was not premeditated and it was too soon after I had eaten. Anyway, funny to read your blog and find you in the same boat.

Umm..Protein? 1. yogurt 2. cottage cheese 3. turkey and cheese 4. soy "nuts"...they are dried soy beans

I have no legit advice on pics. Some of mine are in albums chronologically, which is much better than the more recent ones in a order in a box with tabs of different events or time periods. At least I can flip through those every now and then.

Kirby said...

Hmm...can't say this food-shoveler will be much help considering I don't work out or eat healthy and my whole life relies on technology. Therefore, all my pictures are stored on my computer. Then I can just print something off if I ever need it in "old" form.

Michelle said...

Way to go with the P90x! For protein; greek style yogurt, string cheese, almonds, eggs, turkey.

As far as pictures go, photo albums with captions so to help capture the memories and then scrapbook the major events. I released myself from the burden to make it so decorative but now try to just capture the memories because that was the main thing I wanted. But I too am behind on this process :)

Kelli said...

Oh my, Becke. I am one step behind you. I have about 1500 pictures on our computer that I haven't even printed. I'm so overwhelmed I don't even know where to begin. But yeah - I prefer to just stick them in albums when I actually print them out. I need a week without kids to tackle a project like that!

As for protein. I've rediscovered hard boiled eggs - they taste yummy and are a great, easy snack with protein. I've also been keeping trail mix around the house with walnuts and pecans and dried fruit. I just fill up a couple of mason jars every couple of weeks. And I too love Greek Yogurt - with honey! It's kind of high in sugar so you can't consume too much, but it also has a lot of protein and it sure is yummy! :) Love ya!

Little Oak Table said...

Shutterfly. You can print a new book each year. Upload pics directly from your computer.

The result-a hard back book documenting the year that is adorable. You could really spend a weekend uploading pictures and you'd be done!

Barb-I hope scrapbooking is not the winner too :)! HA!


Cheddar cheese and apples, peanut butter and apples, yogurt, Reese's peanuter butter cups, milk