Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The 7 and a half birthday bash.

Back in January, when Eli officially turned 7, we promised him a birthday party. Everything was ready to go and then Cade came home with the stomach bug. Since the party was at our house, we had to break the news to Eli and cancel. He was a big boy about it and we rescheduled. A week or two later, the party was ready to go and wouldn't you know it, Cade was once again hugging the toilet. If I had been Eli, I might have punched my big brother, but once again, he was cool with it.

For some reason, basketball and baseball, I think, we got really busy. So we postponed the party and decided to wait until he turned 7 and a half to throw a big celebration. The party finally happened. (And who doesn't love getting presents in the middle of the year?) It is like the 7 year old birthday that just keeps on giving.

We were supposed to play water games outside, but the rain changed things. So, we played light sabers, guns, dart guns, and hide n' go seek. The boys loved it. I think having "half birthday" parties is fun!



2 comments:

Mark and Cari said...

Thanks for sharing! We've been debating what to do about Calloway's birthday parties. See she is a Dec. 29th birthday which always falls while we are out of town for Christmas holidays. So we've been celebrating the first weekend in Jan but let's face it....there's not a lot to do that time of year (too cold!) So we've been considering celebrating in June on her half birthday! What do you think we should do?

Anonymous said...

Hey Cari!
I am not sure my opinion amounts to much, but I think if I were a kid, I would be sad if I never got to have a bday party actually on my bday or close to it, anyway. If you have old fashioned cake/ice cream parties at your house, then the weather won't matter much. I am sure scheduling that around the holidays is tricky. Don't know if that helps you any...
Becke'