Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Perfect Day for: The ZOO!

This bald eagle rocks my world. I feel like this picture should be titled "Freedom Isn't Free." I am all for having animals in a zoo, but something seems wrong for our national emblem that represents freedom to be caged with his wings cut. I just seemed to feel his pain today for some reason.

These are feathers on some bird I never identified. Aren't the colors just glorious?!
This guy reminds me of Melvin in Madagascar.
Coneflower in black and white.
This guy was hungry! I have no doubt he put away every bit that was put before him.

Pelican at rest. Amazing how they totally bend their necks 180 degrees and find a resting place on top of their backs.
Cute, huh?!

And finally...the cutest things ever: my own little monkeys playing on the gym.
The weather was perfect and the animals came out to play! It was a fun memory for the boys and I. After the zoo, we went to a local park and had a picnic. It lasted about 30 minutes until I realized there was some sort of work detail happening about 50 yards from us. Work detail that was all dressed the same and guarded by a man on a horse. We decided to hightail it out of there after that sight.
Good times.

1 comment:

Cassie said... said...

you got some great pictures! I love the eagle.