Friday, March 11, 2011

All Good Questions!

Man, Sam is asking good questions these days!

I have been praying that God might make him a new creation this year, and I can see Him start to prepare Sam's heart for truth and the readiness to accept that truth.  It is such a joy to witness!

Last night, Sam asked why Jesus loves us.  (Similar to the other night...)  But, he also asked why we have to do what the Bible says to do.  He wanted to know if Jesus gets angry with him when he gets a spanking or gets in trouble.  We talked about what sin is and how it makes God very sad.  He wondered why Jesus became a human and had to be born in a manger instead of the inn.  We talked about Zacchaeus and how he climbed that sycamore tree because being able to see Jesus is more important than anything.

I see a heart that God is preparing for truth and it makes me very content to sit back and watch it all play out!

Here is the verse I am praying over Sam this year...you are welcome to join me!

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.  The old has passed away; behold the new has come."  2 Corinthians 5:17

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a wonderful feeling to witness that sweet transformation in such a young heart. I will be praying that he will accept the truth this year too!