Monday, March 14, 2011

Derby Pie or Fudge Brownie Pie???

Have you ever made Derby Pie?  It is also called Kentucky Pie or Thoroughbred Pie. 
It is tasty.
I have a tried and true recipe for Derby Pie, but I thought I would branch out...
and give Mrs. Paula Deen a try.
This first picture is for you, Erica.
Because I know a pic of baking goods will make your Monday
a little bit happier.
So, Paula has you melt the chocolate before adding to the other goodness.
And that is where things got kind of weird for me.
Because the end result was more like a fudge or brownie pie.
And less like a Derby pie.
But don't you worry, all things with
butter and chocolate
are finger licking good.

happy monday.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If it is chocolate it has to be good

Kathy (bigsis) said...

Becke - Can you share your recipes for both for your St.Louis chocoholic bloggies?? (Yes, I am including you, Carol and Kelli ... you both know you want them too :) Thanks!

Erica said...

HA! In the middle of inservice rehearsal for tomorrow and needed some Becke goodness. I couldn't even read the title of today's blog for staring at the picture of baking goods :) you know me sister. Guess I waited till the perfect time to need that smile!