Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Day the Baby Chimp Stole the Show

The perfect day for the zoo!  Can I tell you how much I am loving this week "off?"  It has been so nice to have a calendar free for a change.  The boys and I headed to the zoo thinking that the crowds would stay away since it was going to be cloudy, but that didn't stop the masses.  The good thing was that since it was cool, the animals were willing to come out and play!  It was probably the best "animal" day we have seen yet!  I gotta tell you, I want to bring this little baby chimp home with me.  He absolutely stole the show today.  His momma is finally letting him go off and play a little by himself and he is eating his freedom up!!!




 Will someone tell me why orangutans love to cover themselves with something.  It is like they are 2 year olds that won't go anywhere without their security blankets.







 Well, you know I had to throw in a zebra bootie.  It was like the zebra knew I was coming...it was all posed for me, ready to model.



 Little Rock now has a penguin exhibit.  Big time, we are.


 What on earth happened to this eagle?  His eye is blind and he has lost a wing.  I don't know if something attacked him or if he has some strange disease...but it is a very sad sight!!!
 The spider monkeys look like they are in the throws of grief.  It makes me sad just to look at them.  Is this how they sleep?
 And...we're back to the baby chimp.  Because, really, he deserves a couple more pictures after the show he put on today.
 yep, he's a boy alright.
Thank you, God, for being so fun and creative!!!

No comments: