Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Nightmares Morphing Into Reality

So, one might assume that if a person doesn't mind getting on stage to lead worship, that she would be alright to speak, be interviewed, or do anything else in front of the public eye.

Not so.

This girl hates to talk in front of people.  And this morning, I think God had himself a nice little laugh as He marched up a reporter from channel 11 straight up to my face and ask if she could interview me.

Now, being from the south, I sometimes feel like our state is misrepresented.  We really aren't all barefoot and a few of us even know how to speak in a semi-grammatically correct way.  I say "semi" because words like ya'll and fixin' to are just topping on the ice cream.  As long as you have the sentence formed in the correct way, you can just throw on a few chocolate sprinkles.  You know what I mean, sugar.

But, this morning, I was terrified that I was going to be added to the misrepresentation of our state.  Hair wadded up under a ball cap and my best fleece outfit was not exactly what I would have chosen if I had known a video camera was going to be 1 foot away, capturing my every fear.  Again, I think I heard God chuckling.

And so, the size 4 stunning African American reporter smiled and asked all sorts of questions about why I consign our clothes and shop via consignment.  I think it was by the grace of God that I managed to get complete sentences out of my mouth.  I have no idea what I said, but my in-laws were nearby helping my unload all my stuff, and they didn't disown me.  whew.

The best news of the day was when the nice reporter lady told us that it would be airing at 5:30 AM.  OH PRAISE GOD NO ONE WILL BE AWAKE AT THAT HOUR!!!   And then I forgot that my in-laws have a DVR.  rats.

God had a nice little laugh today.  Don't you love it when your little fears come true?

PS--
If you need great clothes/toys...the Rhea Lana Consignment sale starts on Sunday.  It is at the Expo center. 

1 comment:

Heather said...

AWESOME!!! I love it! I bet you did great! :)
P.S. I think God laughs at me on a daily basis. I really do.