Thursday, March 17, 2011

I just want time

It's late.  I could use a shower as the heat of Arkansas snuck up on me today while I donned jeans.  White jeans.  But, jeans nonetheless. 

My heart has been screaming for time.  Time to be still and know that God is God.  Time to cuddle my boys after they are clean.  Or before they are clean.  I don't really care.

Time to make something homemade and take it to someone in need
Time to once and for all get the laundry room organized so I don't well up with anger everytime I enter
Time to sit by my husband and laugh
Time to give my dog a good bath
Time to paint the boys' bathroom
And hang the new shower curtain I have had picked out for months
Time to fill out an NCAA bracket and join in on the family fun
Time to tell the boys vivid bible stories
Time to go to Kroger and get milk since we have been out for two days

I just feel like the Thief is stealing lately
Stealing all my time

I know I have the same amount as always, and I can't seem to figure out why it feels like it is being snatched away...
faster and faster...

I have prayed for God to remove anything from my schedule that He hasn't ordained to be there.
Even if it is a "good" thing or a "church" thing.

But right now, He is silent about that.
So, maybe He is going to make the sun stand still. 
Just long enough for me to catch up~
And snatch back time from the Thief.

In the meantime, I will celebrate in the simple joys that He has been throwing my way...
~getting to see my Nana and Grandad midweek
~celebrating the birth of my cousin's baby and getting the honor of taking her pictures
~praising God as He has seen fit to put an adopted daughter into my friend's arms...very soon!
~warmer weather and blooms all around
~anticipation of a slow spring break and a few deep breaths

Teach me to number my days, that I may gain a heart of wisdom, Lord.

I read this quote today and smiled all over myself:  "Make every day a celebration of who you are in Christ!"

1 comment:

Kim said...

I feel the same way. Quality time at home with the girls and Jason is so limited right now. I'm making the most of what I get and looking forward to some down time this summer. :)