Friday, September 7, 2012

Have you read it this way?


There are a whole lot of awesome versions of the Bible out there.  I can't seem to pick my favorite...NIV, ESV, KJV, Message...yada yada.  I guess I love it all cause it is all the same thing!

Buuuuuut, have you ever tried reading the bible this way?

This is the One Year Chronological Bible.  Basically, it takes the Word and puts it in chronological order instead of book order.  It puts the Bible in the order that the events actually happened. 

Cool, huh?

I like how it puts related passages all together so that you can read one story in different books of the bible all at once...to see how they complement one another. For example, when Saul is threatening David's life, it will have all these recordings (Ps. 5 and 59 and 1 Sam. 18:1-20:42) listed together.

Cool, huh?

It kind of blew my mind when I got to only day 5 and we started into Job.  Think about this.  According to Iva May, Job only had the stories of Genesis 1-11 to "build and reinforce his faith in God, which enabled him to persevere through severe trials."

All he needed was eleven chapters in order to remain faithful to the One True God.

We get the whole Word...the complete sha-bang, and Lord have mercy, we need help every single day to remain faithful.

Well, here's to knowing His story like He intended...in order.