Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Their Responses

Last Saturday was a sweet time that I will always remember.  It was the day we finally got to tell the kids we were having a baby!  They had been wanting one forever and we finally were going to share the exciting news!  By the way, keeping it a secret from them for two and a half weeks was so hard! 
 
We told them by allowing Sam to open his "I'm the big brother" t-shirt.  We made him sound it out and read it.  He then looked at us and said, "yeah, I am big."  As in, yep, I am a big boy for my age, I know it! 
 
Then we gave Eli a stab at it.  He read it and asked if that meant that Sam got to boss him around now.
 
Then, Cade read it.  Clueless.  Hilariously clueless.
 
So, we basically had to spell it out for them.
 
YOU ARE GETTING A BABY BROTHER OR SISTER.
 
Here were their sweet facial responses:
 




I am still a little in shock that I will have a baby next year and then two months later, have a teenager.

Gulp.

Gulp again.

I think this pregnancy is going to be hilarious.  After all, the boys are older and asking a ton of fun questions.  We already got this one from Sam:  "How is that baby going to come out of mommy's tummy?"  To which Eric said God had a special way but he wasn't old enough to know more than that.  To which Sam said, "Well, I am seven now.  I am old enough."

Gulp again.

Currently, Eli is the only one holding out for a brother.  Sam is convinced it is a girl and only refers to "her" with the female pronoun. He has named her Sally.

Gulp.

It is going to be a fun pregnancy for sure.  Especially when I get over this wanting to hurl feeling.

Baby Stuart is the size of a pinto bean.  The ears are forming as well as the tip of its nose.  In its heart, the aortic and pulmonary valves are present and distinct.  It has elbows and the arms and legs have started to extend out.

Here's a sweet pic I stole off the internet!
Hi baby!  We love you!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I love little Sally, too. ;-)

Pam said...

I still can hardly believe it! I am SO excited for you. Trust me, you are going to enjoy this so much and yes, you are going to be answering some questions!!!