Wednesday, January 21, 2009

8:20 a.m. Haircut

My man needed a haircut in a bad way. He was looking like Shaggy McShags. So, I told him I would cut it, but it ended up that the only time we both had was this morning. Well, since I don't have a fancy salon and I really don't like clumps of hair littering my kitchen floor, we always head outside. Well, this morning was a bit chilly! 28 degrees to be exact. Surely he knows I love him if I am willing to cut his hair in below freezing temperatures!

I wasn't sure I would feel any pain if I cut my hands with the scissors...they were numb! I will just say that it wasn't my best haircut ever. In fact, Eric kinda resembled Jim Carey on Dumb and Dumber when it was all said and done. Luckily, a bit of hair pomade did the trick and he was back to his normal self. So long McShags, it has been nice knowing you!

I wanted to post a picture of Jim, I mean Eric, but, he wasn't up to being the laugh of blogworld this morning. Maybe next time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummmm...utility room, chair, old sheet under chair.....shake out sheet outside when warmer...= no mess in kitchen, warm hands and warm hubby and maybe a better haircut!!!!
you are so yo mommas daughter....(when it comes to hair on the floor)
Too funny!
Mom

Kirby said...

How is it that I'm able to cut my own hair in my bathroom and not get hair on the floor but you HAVE to go outside to do it?

Anonymous said...

Shaggy says the haircut looks good!!! No bad mouthing my stylist:)

Cassie said... said...

I guess one benefit of Bran being bald...I can just shave it with the buzzer

Kim said...

We did that for the longest, and then since we moved here we realized the garage is a perfect alternative when it's freezing or dark outside. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. We set up a chair right next to the outlet and don't even have to mess with an extension cord. The cleanup is easy, and it's not too cold either.