Saturday, January 3, 2009

The BIG Texas Trip...since everything is BIG in Texas!













1225 miles later, the boys are tucked in bed. They have washed the last residue of sand from their hair and I think the youngest is already snoring. Who says that 18 hours in a car roundtrip isn't exhausting? The good news is that the kids did AMAZINGLY well. No one starting clawing at the windows or hyperventilating from the confinement. I don't even think we heard: "are we there yet?"...well, not enough to count, anyway! Eric allowed me to take non-drowsy Dramamine and read to my heart's content. Ahhh, pure bliss. He was a trooper and drove every single mile there and back.

Well, we headed down south to the resort area of Marble Falls, Texas. Resort meaning that there are gorgeous lakes nearby. Resort not meaning that there are a large assortment of shopping or dining experiences withing a 50 mile radius. Seriously, I couldn't even find a Target. The town has a slower pace of life, which, if accustomed to, would be quite nice.

We headed down to see some of Eric's family. It was my first time to meet many of them, and it was a blessing to get to do so. They were all very real and kind and serving and in love with my Jesus. It is always a treat to meet "family", knowing that they are also "Heavenly Family" and that we can spend the rest of our eternal days together!

Our hotel sat right beside one of the lakes. The town had the coolest "free" display of Christmas lights ever! We could see it even from the back of the hotel!

Eric's aunt and uncle live right on one of the lakes. The kids had a BALL playing in the sand and enjoying distant cousins.

I had a ball eating anything I wanted, allowing the idea of laundry and dishes to dissipate, and photographing anything and everything.


Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm glad you guys had fun. We really did wish we could make it but the thought of that many hours in the car makes me nauseous just thinking about it. Happy New Year!

Cassie said... said...

I'm glad to hear you had a good time in Texas. We are planning a 10 day trip to Ft. Meyers in March (Lord willing and if chemo allows) I can't wait!

How old are your boys? How crazy is it that we both have 3 boys. Do you plan to try for a girl or are you done?

Kim said...

Oh, that sounds so fun. And I love that Eric let you take a break the whole way back and just read until your heart was content.
BTW, a friend from Oklahoma posted on my blog and said she especially loved the picture that I had at the top of my blog with both girls in Santa hats that you took for us. I thought that might make you feel special.