Monday, January 12, 2009

A God Moment

This morning, while driving home from Kroger, I started thinking of my old college roommate, Lora. We were as different as could be, but had great fun together! One of my favorite pictures from college is of the two of us together trying to relieve a little stress from finals. We accomplished this by dressing up in the craziest garb, putting on two tons of makeup, and ratting our hair to high heaven. (We completed the fun with a photo shoot.) I would say that God used her to help me out of my shy comfort zone.

I hadn't thought of Lora in a while....time flies and I didn't have her contact info. After praying for her a bit, I got home and unloaded the groceries. Then, I proceeded to check my messages. HER VOICE came through the first message! I could hardly contain my excitement...shivering with goose bumps and praising God for how awesome He works!

Well, I am off to call her and catch up!!!

8 comments:

Kelli said...

Ummm...Is there any way we could see one of those photos? 'Cause it's not nice to tempt us with that image and not follow through. Just sayin'...

Kim said...

How neat!

Anonymous said...

Kelli
I am totally bummed that I can't find it!!!! I really would post...maybe I will put it on here if and when I come across it!
Beck

Anonymous said...

It was a sight to behold!!!

Eric

Cassie said... said...

what an amazing thing that is! I love when God does things like that.

blessedpath said...

How awesome! hope you enjoyed your time cathing up with her. I have an idea.....YOU can dress up like you used to and put all that makeup on and take a pic to post, just to give us readers an idea of what you used to look like during finals:) I'm just sayin' :)

Anonymous said...

Very cool story. It is hard to say what is more intriguing the reunion or the hairdo. Definitley need to post the pictures. I am with Kelly in that it is not nice to dangle that carrot out there and not deliver the pic.

Anonymous said...

Ok, where's the photos. ;). That is really cool. God is always listening.