Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The stay at home kid birthday party...

I lost track. Of how many kids were in my home, that is. I think it was around 15, but like I said, I lost track. Oh, Eli soaked up the love and attention and gifts, I tell you! By having a stay at home kid birthday party, we saved 100-200 dollars. Have you priced Jump Zone lately? Insane. Crazy insane. Almost as insane as having a stay at home kid birthday party. The older I get, the more and more I appreciate all my parents did for me. Like letting me have stay at home kid birthday parties. They even let me invite a bunch of girls over to sleep in our motor home. That was the last time, though.

So, I had a Lulu moment. When my dear 6 year old requested a soccer cake, I was glad to oblige. The ladies at the Kroger bakery were not so willing, but finally, my baby got his cake. Well, silly me didn't even factor into the equation exactly what the BLACK icing would do to things. Things like teeth. Hands. Lips. Under fingernails. It is everywhere and all the kids look like they have been introduced to Goth, at my house. Simply washing it off would be a dream come true. No more anything that requires black icing. This Lulu has learned her lesson.

I thought this first picture summed things up pretty well. Actually, the kids were very well behaved and Eli had the time of his life. Mission accomplished. My favorite pick below is of Eli holding his hand over Sam's mouth so he wouldn't blow out the candles (again.)










6 comments:

Amelia said...

That's a pretty cute cake! You could have made that easily!!! Wahoooo I love parties!

Cassie said... said...

I can't wait to hear what color their poop is!

Kim said...

Those black smiles are hilarious!!!

The Uptons said...

made the same icing mistake with c. once...and haven't done it since! glad you guys had a wonderful party...and you recovered!

blessedpath said...

Oh, that first pic of you makes me laugh sooo much!! Too funny, I've been there, done that too. Parties HAVE gotten crazy. Even ones at home you can spend a ton. I buy decorations etc and spend a lot of money and put it up and it looks like I only bought 5.oo worth of stuff. That soccer cake turned out cute! Happy Birthday Eli!!

In His Army said...

What a great cake! And what a good sport you are to have so many kids in your house at the same time!!! :)