Thursday, January 22, 2009

UPDATE...Flax seed info. for curious minds!

Here are the benefits of flax seed...you will want to start shaking it on everything! But, go easy, do to the high fiber content, that gumption of yours will only last about one whole day.

The flax seed "carries one of the biggest nutrient payloads on the planet!"
It is high in:
1. Omega 3 fatty acids (key force against inflammation)
2. Lignans (benefit heart, balance female hormones, promote fertility...)
3. fiber (lowers cholesterol)
4. phytochemicals (I don't know what these do, but it has a nice ring to it, huh?)

So, there you have it! I read that you should buy the ground or milled flax seed because your body is better able to absorb the nutrients that way. Get your flax on!

1 comment:

Kirby said...

2. Lignans (promotes fertility)?!?!

Is there something I need to know about, and I also think I will be staying away from these flax seed things.