Sunday, January 18, 2009

The "Yet" Prayer

This morning was such a great time of worship. We were real before our King. We brought our hurts and longings and laid them at the throne. Marvin said something so wonderful that I thought it was worth repeating. He asked us what our "Yet" Prayer was. For example: "even though times are financially rough, I will yet praise Him." It takes such faith to praise during the hard times. To praise when our circumstances shout otherwise. To praise, knowing that one day, all will be made right. To praise, wanting that one day to be today.

Marvin said these verses in the Message version and they just popped!
Habakkuk 3:17-18

Though the cherry trees don't blossom
and the strawberries don't ripen,
Though the apples are worm-eaten
and the wheat fields stunted,
Though the sheep pens are sheepless
and the cattle barns empty,
I'm singing joyful praise to God.
I'm turning cartwheels of joy to my Savior God.


I think the sweetest praise God receives must be the utterances that usher from our lips when all our desires have been stripped away. When we crave Him above everything...I think that is when He is most pleased.

So, I thought it would be neat to record our "Yet" prayers. I will commit to pray for you and the desire of your heart...but you have to be courageous enough to post! (You can always do it anonymously, too!)

I will go first:

Even though my sister died 11 months and 5 days ago, at an age that was way too young for my liking, YET I will praise Him. He is good and He is still on His throne and someday, all things will work out for good.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Ohhh man... that was a WONDERFUL service!!! Loved it!

My "yet" prayer is:

Even if my parents and brother never come to know You as their Savior... I will praise You because You alone are worthy of my praise!!

Samantha said...

Habakkuk 3:17-19 has been one of my "life" Scriptures - I love it

My "Yet" Prayer is

Even when I don't understand why I am not in a relationship and my friends all seem to be, even when my plans and hopes in that area fail, yet I I will praise You because I trust in Your sovereign plan. You have continually proven yourself faithful, and I know that You will continue to be.

blessedpath said...

Oh, good word...
My "yet" prayer is:

Even though Mike doesn't have work most of the time, and even though our bank account may show negative numbers at times, yet will I praise you, you have ALWAYS been faithful to us and you always will be. Yet will we continue to tithe, trusting you will honor our faithfulness.

Little Oak Table said...

Sunday was amazing wasn't it?!

The Uptons said...

Sunday was awesome, so sad Chad was at the station and missed it, its just not the same on podcast as it is surrounded by your church family worshiping with you!

April said...

I was in the lobby weeping because of the sweetness of the worship eminating from the hearts of
God's people.

Even though I grieve the loss of one baby and wonder why we "only" have one child (who is precious to my heart), even though my brother shakes His fists in anger and defies You, even though my heart is still working through the same questions and failings over and again... yet will I praise you because you stoop down to make great those who seek and trust you (Ps 18:35), and simply because You are God.
aprilt