Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cade is TEN!

For Cade...
Happy Birthday to my firstborn son. I remember things very clearly...it was a few weeks before I found out I was going to have you and I was crying out to God to reveal His plan for my life. I was about to graduate college and wasn't confident that I wanted to teach or not. Eric and I had never anticipated getting pregnant only 14 months after being married, but we embraced it once we found out the good news. Once I looked into your sweet face, I knew exactly what God's plan for me was...I was to be your Mommy. And you were to teach me about the unconditional love that God has for me.

God has used you in mighty ways since then. You have brought joy and peace to our home. You have been such a good teacher and role model to your younger brothers. You have stood your ground on issues while God has used you to display that there still is a thing called truth in this world.

When you were around 4, you seemed to have developed a very timid spirit. You would wail to no end if I tried to leave you at Vacation Bible School or anywhere that wasn't familiar. We prayed incessantly over your spirit, that it would be strong and courageous and that you would not live life in fear. God has done a mighty work. You are very courageous and self confident. You aren't afraid of trying new things. You have an adventuresome outlook on life. We praise God for working in your life and shaping you into what He has intended all along.

Luke 1:80 says, "And the child grew and became strong in spirit..." We thank God for that work that continues to this day. His hand is upon you are He loves you with an everlasting love, CBS. We believe that His favor is all over your life and we know your heart's desire is to glorify God and love Him with all your being. That makes a mommy quite content.

You were an absolutely gorgeous baby boy. Every time we went to Walmart, someone would stop me and tell me how beautiful you were. Most of the time, they thought you were a girl, despite your bib that said "praise Heaven for little boys." Part of me wants to go back and hold that little chunk of love one more time. The rest of me is happy to tickle you in bed at night before I give you some kisses.

You have been a gift to us in so many ways. We couldn't be more proud of you and we look forward to the next ten years! Happy Birthday!

Let's just say that I was all about having little "model shoots" way back then...even before I knew anything about how a camera works!


Putting babies in baskets doesn't seem to be a new trend with me! HA!

You are competitive and athletic!

You are kind and obedient.

You are handsome and have a tender heart.


You are still quite the model...



You are goofy, but you know when to stop before you drive me crazy.

You are just a joy and delight. We love you!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Happy, Happy Birthday sweet Cade. You were the child who made me an Aunt and will forever hold a special place in my heart. You are growing into such a wonderful, sweet young man and Uncle Lee and I are extremely proud of you. Sloan, Tia and Landon look up to you and talk about you all the time. I hope your tenth year of life is filled with blessings and SPORTS! Love you, Cade!

Aunt Kelli

Kim said...

10 YEARS OLD!!! He certainly is cute and charming. Tell him Happy B-day for us!!!