Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Taste and See...

...that the Lord is good! Just wanted to give you a quick encouraging word. When I was at the beach, I was filled to the max with enjoyment and relaxation. But, one day, my soul was just hungry for more than crashing waves, sand between my toes, and the warmth of rays on my back. I opened up the only thing that can satisfy and this is what I read: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness." (Jeremiah 31:3)

I have read those words one hundred times, but they popped off the page this time. This time, I felt like God was writing them on the crevices of my soul...to remain forever.

The word "loved" there means "to have affection for." The word "everlasting" means that "it is concealed to the vanishing point." In other words, we simply can't see the start or finish of his great affection for us.

After finding some other verses that use both the words "love" and "everlasting" I found out that a lot of them are tied to the concept of his covenant with us. He won't go against something that is within the bounds of his covenant because that covenant is basically with himself, and he isn't about to not make good on his Name, you know?

So, this is a short and sweet post. But, is there anything more priceless than truly starting to grasp the fact that He loves you with an everlasting love?

He is affectionate towards you dear one. Always has been and always will be.

2 comments:

Savannah B said...

B! I love this post so much and needed to read it today!
That there is not starting or ending point to the Father's love for me... No matter how many times I mess up and fall short... That just amazes me!

God is good. All the time.

Unknown said...

God is good all the time. He knew you might need that little bit of encouragement of winning this prize. I am so glad you won. I just need your email address. You can email me at bdisheroon@cox.net