Wednesday, August 18, 2010

On the First Day of School, Cry She Does Not.

Perhaps I am a strange Mom, but I confess: I have never cried on school day. Not when Cade started. Not when Eli started. And, today, I continued that trend when Sam started. For some reason, once we get to the school phase, it just seems like the most logical next step. It makes sense...the kids are ready, I am ready, and therefore, no tears are shed. I know this is actually quite strange for moms all around. In fact, I talked to a mom of a 5th and a 2nd grader and she said this was the first year that she hasn't cried. I was shocked out of my tree. I didn't tell her that I was rejoicing and singing the Hallelujah Chorus. She might think I was insensitive...and well, I am not...I am just always ready for the next phase. I hope this trend continues when they start college and eventually get married, because it will definitely be the best thing for everyone around (especially Eric!)

So, to start off the 2010-11 school year, this first picture sums up how we all feel! Praise God to whom all blessings flow...it is upon us!

My little studs. Sam is really not so little. In fact, two mom-friends didn't even recognize him today because he has grown so much lately.

Sam has been looking forward to school for a loooong time, after all, he wants to do what his big brothers do!

This can't be my child. Look how handsome and grown up he looks.

Look at my swollen eyes. Someone is going to have to get used to getting up at 6 am once again.


Get out of the tree, kid! It is time for schoooooool!!!!!
Sam marched himself right into class, ready to go! I am telling you, he is ready!

Have fun and learn lots, guys!

After I picked them up, I got the low down:
Me to Sam: What did you do today?
Sam: Listened to God
Me: What did God say?
Sam: (insert 1 minute pause) I don't remember
Me to Eli: What did you do today?
Eli: Got chased by all the girls at recess
Me: Ohhhhhh. sigh.
Me to Cade: How was your day?
Cade: You didn't pack me enough lunch.
Me to myself: I need to up the food budget once again.
So, here is to school! YES!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great first day. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm so thankful they all look forward to school.
BeBe

Kim said...

You crack me up, girl!!! You are such a perfect mom to 3 wonderful boys!!!

Erica said...

haha! I love "the low down" from all three. :)

Michelle said...

Hilarious! They look so grown up. Time for some more :)

Kelli said...

That made me laugh. I love it. And I love those boys. Sweet Cade DOES look all grown up!

Anonymous said...

Awwww, they look so starched and pressed and clean and BIG !!!!
I'm so glad they love to go to school (and understand why YOU love for them to go to school)
Mom