Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Toothless!

Eli has had two front loose teeth forever. We have begged and pleaded with him to wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. Even his dentist told him it was time to get pulling. Every night, I would try and yank them out, but they just weren't quite ready (or I couldn't get a good grip.) Not wanting to tie a string around his tooth, tie it to a door, and yank the door shut, I decided to wait.

Saturday, sitting in his Uncle Kirby's lap, I tried again. (Things seem more fun and appealing for Eli when Kirby is around.) I got my nail under a loose spot and yanked! It came free! Eli didn't cry and we stuffed a wet washcloth into the socket.

Realizing that his other front tooth seemed even looser once the first one was out, I decided to see if it would come out. It did!

So, there you have it! My kid has no front teeth. And he is the cutest little thing you have ever seen. Listening to him talk is precious as everything comes out with a slight lisp. All I know is that his teacher will have even extra cause to fall in love with him in a couple of weeks. :)

I think he kind of resembles one of his favorite movie characters..."Toothless" the dragon. What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Eli! I love the picture and can't wait to see you. I think you may be right, Becke', about the last picture.
Love,
Bebe

Anonymous said...

Eli, you look great my son!

Dad