Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Fave Family Pics

WOW...as I have gone back thru our family pics this year, I have realized one thing:  I haven't taken as many pics as usual!  I think I have been so busy taking pictures for other families that I have neglected our own a little bit.  Unfortunately, I have become a bit of a perfectionist and think twice about taking a shot of an event because I know it means editing time as well.  So, for 2011 I resolve to simply take family shots for the fun of it.  After all, the most spontaneous events and pics seem to be my faves! 

This first pic was celebrating my birthday on the beach.  Is there any better way to party it up?

 Some of my favorite pics of the boys are when they are totally being themselves. 


 I love this shot because it proves the boys aren't too old to play with stuffed animals. 
 The bright orange and crazily thin legs on this goose makes me smile.


 Boys at play...we all see who rules the roost around here.
 Probably my fave 2010 family pic...love the innocent baby cheeks, the precious lips and the bright colors.  Not your most conventional shot...but one that will always remind me of summer and childhood.  It will be one I look at 10 years from now and ache for what used to be!


 Capturing the boys loving on each other instead of wrestling! 


 The eagle might be my favorite animal shot...love the bright yellow beak against the white feathers.  Also love the determination in his eyes despite the fact that he is living in captivity.
 Not a typical eat-your-watermelon-shot.  I love the dirty toes on the bright red fruit.  I love the fact that only my youngest would think to even do this.  {and then go ahead and eat the watermelon..}
 Capturing little critters in the front yard when they decide to make a surprise appearance.
 Wasn't planning on this shot...was happy to see the fountains turned off!



 Staging a shot that means something to my heart.


 This piano was my great grandmother's...
 The song that has always been my favorite and one that my soul seems to have to come to grips with time and time again.
So, here are my goals for 2011 concerning family and photos:
1.  Take my camera with me...the best shots aren't planned
2.  Take pictures when I take my camera with me
3.  Don't shoot for perfectionism...just shoot to capture a memory

5 comments:

Erica said...

I love this post! (and am so impressed it was done at 12:10 AM...I hope you're still sleeping and resting up for tonight!)

Little Oak Table said...

I Love This Post TOO!!

Hey, I was up late too. You should've come over.

We coulda made a pot of Snickerdoodle coffee.

I googled how to tie pashminas.

What'd you do?

Anonymous said...

Actually, I was looking at the back of my eyelids at 12:10 am. But, I love how I can fool you all into thinking that I don't sleep my night away as usual by hitting the "post at a later time" button. Hee.
beck

Cassie said... said...

love them all!

Michelle said...

Love the pictures. i think you did a pretty good job capturing your year but I definitely like your resolutions for 2011.