Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Program

When I was younger, I was in countless Christmas programs.  As a little girl, I possessed the ability to memorize huge parts and therefore, managed to have some sort of role in each of the cantatas/musicals/plays.  (Now it is torture to even memorize a single line of scripture or get in front of others for that matter...go figure.)  My Mom was usually the director and I thank her for always giving me that experience.  I can't get this one musical out of my head...it had something to do with my stuffed lamb.  (I think I was about 7 and I'll have to get better details!)

Since our church doesn't really provide a children's Christmas musical type of event, it brings my heart joy to have the boys experience this type of thing at their school.  Something about kids dressed in their Sunday best ranging from the age of 3 to 11 singing their hearts out to Jesus makes my soul swoon with giddiness.  It is just irresistibly priceless.  I bet Jesus thinks so, too.



 See that sweet blond standing by Cade?  Well, as a Mom, she is the only kid in his class that I didn't know and so on the way home, I asked him who she was.  Then I asked what her personality was like, because she seemed to have the sweetest most gentle spirit.  He described her in similar terms.  Score gift of discernment for Mommy. 

Eric started laughing out loud and saying..."so it begins!"  Now, I am in no WAY ready for my baby to be interested in anything other than his brothers and football.

But, when you see a pretty little sweet thing standing by your son, it is good to tuck this information back for a later day.  Like 15 years later.  kidding.  not.
 This pic of the second graders makes me laugh.  Eli looks like he is about to say "ahoy matey" and his buddy looks like he is about to deck someone out.  Love it.
The acting part of the program was really quite funny.  The three wisemen were basically Brad Paisley, Elvis, and P-Diddy.  The accents and things they said made the show!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a great Christmas program this year, best I've seen since the kids have been at the school.

Don't let my wife fool you, she knew exactly what she was asking about that little girl standing next to Cade.

Love ya Babe!