Thursday, December 9, 2010

It is Official.

I am old.

Here is the mounting evidence that is pointing me to this conclusion:

  • I don't like to drive at night
  • When I get out of my neighborhood, I don't know whether to turn left or right because I all the sudden have no idea where it is I am supposed to be heading
  • Coffee gets more and more appealing
  • Coffee is appealing at all times of the day
  • I call my kids every name but their own
  • I like to eat dinner at 5 pm
  • My short term and long term memory is suffering
  • I think it is, I can't really remember
  • Nothing sounds tastier than a pot of brown beans and a chunk of cornbread
  • While perusing the aisles of Target, I almost bought a "brain workbook"...trying to get back all that my brain was once capable of
  • The hours, days, months, and years are really starting to fly by
  • I can't remember what month we are in, let alone the day it is
  • Gaither shows sometimes make an appearance on Saturday nights
  • Comfortable flats are more appealing than stilettos
  • I'm learning to say no to what I hate to do
  • And not letting that "no" affect me so much
  • I like to go to bed early
  • My natural silver highlights are taking over
I think the evidence is unmistakable, don't you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you are married to an old man!!!!

Love ya babe!

EJ

Little Oak Table said...

natural silver highlights, bahaaaaa love that!

and who the heck knows how old we are anymore, i seriously can never remember :)!