Friday, December 19, 2008

Gloom Gloom Go Away

It has been a bad day emotionally. I am loving the sun outside but I wish my heart matched its radiance. I have missed Kiley terribly today. I was wondering when it would hit, with Christmas approaching, and guess what? It hit.

I went this morning to get a few pictures off of an older CD developed of her. Man, looking at her glorious hazel eyes just about did me in.

Then, I went to the boys' CHAOTIC Christmas parties. There was something nagging at me in the back of my head all morning and when I got home I realized what it was. My sister had died while I was at a school party earlier this year. School parties aren't so much fun anymore.

I hate the line, "Time heals all wounds." How much time exactly does it take? I guess til eternity comes and there is no such thing as time. Only Jesus can heal wounds...and it will be in His timing.

I want to challenge you to pause and think of the families you personally know that have suffered tragedy this year. Chances are, they are on an emotional roller coaster this season. Say a special prayer for them and pray God's peace over them. I know they would appreciate it.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Praying for you...
My heart has been with my friend Scott who lost his precious wife just weeks ago. Tomorrow is her birthday... my heart aches for him and his baby boy. I know this Christmas will be extra hard for him, too.

Jena said...

Becke--So sorry you have had a hard day. Praying for you. Christmas is hard for me also remembering two lost babies around Christmas. Praying for a peaceful Christmas for you. I am sure your sister will have a great Christmas celebrating with our Savior

Jena Griffin Baker

the Fosters said...

Ok, so while I was in the horrible line of cars outside the school, I saw you leaving with your precious three boys and I thought about this time of year for you. I thought I would let you know that I said a short prayer for you. I can't imagine how hard it has to be.
On another note, my brother is in the hospital as I write this. He is not doing well. He needs some prayers right now. It is a long story, but I ask from praying friends to lift him up. His name is Jon Paul.
I hope your day tomorrow is better than today.

Kim said...

So sorry to hear you're hurting. I will definitely keep you in my prayers throughout the next few weeks.

Little Oak Table said...

hey beck, i just read your blog. the holy spirit was working today and going before you. earlier today while i was rocking jibs you and kiley were on my heart and i was praying for you. i pray he rejoices over you with singing today and fills your heart with peace. i just read a proverbs that said even in laughter the heart may ache. love you girl.

the Percifuls said...

Oh, Becke... just now read this. I'm so sorry, that things are so difficult. Here's a big hug for you...

[[[[[((HUG))]]]]]

and I'll be praying for you extra hard this holiday season.

You are loved!

Boop said...

My heart hurts for your family and many others that I know who have lost loved ones this year. I have a list on my daily prayer sheet and you are constantly lifted up throughout the days. I can't imagine your grief, but know this for sure, you have ministered so much to me this year through your writing, I can never say thank you enough, sweet sister in the Lord. "One fine day", there will be NO more hurts of any kind-Praise Jesus!