Saturday, December 20, 2008

Losing Weight and Cute Sayings

I discovered how to burn 2000 calories in the span of one Saturday morning. I hopped on my treadmill and did alternate spurts of walking and running. My doctor friend, Michelle, says that 45 minutes is a good amount of time for cardio if your goal is to lose weight. I made it to 15 minutes. But, don't worry, the back of my calves were burning and my thighs were jiggling, so I am sure that it did some good.

After getting my heart rate up, I decided to utilize my fast metabolism and eat two pieces of bacon, a biscuit, and one fried egg. The key is balance. I thought two pieces of bacon instead of three would be the ticket to losing those unwanted pounds.

And now, the real clincher. Do this and you, too, will be on your way to a size 6. Bathe your 70 pound dog in the bathtub. Without help. Without a fancy dog sprayer. Your heart rate will get so high that the 10 pounds of chips that you later plan on dipping into 2 pounds of guac and salsa will not even matter. Don't worry about investing in an ab roller. The mere act of leaning over the tub will do the trick. If you don't have a 70 pound golden retriever, go ahead and get one. It will be a great investment.

And now, I leave you with two cute sayings from two cute boys.
#1. Sam, leave me alone. I am trying to get my BEAUTY sleep. By Eli, age 5 (and yes, he is a boy.)

#2. Eli, get off the bed. I have to make it up...it frustrates me if I don't make it up. By Cade, age 8 (and yes, he is a boy!!)

6 comments:

Heather said...

This is hilarious! I can't even bend over the bathtub to bathe our SMALL dog, let alone our 85-lb lab! You are brave, girl!!! I love a clean doggie, but sometimes it's just too exhausting!

Jenny said...

hahaha:) you had me laughing out loud.. next time please add video of all the workouts:)

blessedpath said...

I absolutely LOVE your new blog picture. You all look GREAT in it!! I never knew you had a golden too (well, not 'too' anymore,) :( I sooo need to get my hiney back on my treadmill!! Just got back from a cookie exchange at Julies.....more yummy calories to consume!! Have a Merry Christmas!

Samantha said...

It was great to see y'all, too!

I am never sure if kids at church know who I am - I figure not, since they were toddlers when I babysat them or had them in the learning center - so I feel funny gasping over how much they have grown up, not wanting to be creepy haha, but your boys are so tall and handsome. What a great family :)

Amelia said...

You go girl! That's the way I like to work out too! Just becaue it burns and we feel like were going to pss out, isnt that good enough?!?!? I think so! We can't just jump right into it..... we got to ease into it! Keep up the good work!!! But, personally, i don't think you need to lose any weight! You're perfect the way you are!

And speaking if Cute sayings and Christmas gifts, maybe what I got the boys is a little to masculine, maybe I should get Eli a caboodle, (spell?) and Cade some satin sheets!!! And take back their other gifts!! LOL just kidding! Love you and cant wait to see u on Friday!!!!

Kirby said...

What kind of sissy nephews of mine are you raising? Goodness gracious! See ya Friday!