Thursday, December 11, 2008

ramblings...

I took Sam in for his 3 year old check up this morning. He is 75% height and 75% weight. They proceeded to take his blood pressure. They tried twice, but since you have to be super still, or the machine won't read, it was pretty much impossible. What is up with taking blood pressure on 3 year olds, anyway? Really, if you know, please leave a comment!

On the way out the door, we saw some friends from church that recently had the cutest little twins. They captured my heart...still don't know what to do about desiring a little baby again and yet being completely content with what God has blessed us with already.

On the way home, as I was singing "Holy Holy, Alleluia, He Reigns", Sam chimed in with "Holy, Holy SMACK-ER-EL"!! Well, I guess that is one way to put it!

I am off to the annual fundraiser for Haven House. It is always at a very very very nice home. I always feel intimidated entering, sporting my new duds from Target. (I could say they are from Targe' and if I emphasize the e' part, maybe they will think I said Cache'.) Oh well, it is still fun to eat a trillion horse doovers and see the pretty decorations! And I am sure they will be super excited to see me dropping two dollar bills into the donation jar. Yep, they look forward to me coming every single year!

5 comments:

Three Against One said...

I don't know why they would take a blood pressure reading at a 3 year old visit. Our doctor didn't take Claire's at hers in May, oh well to each their own.
I know exactly what you mean about maybe wanting another baby. Now that Paige is almost 20 months I am totally ready for another but Cory says that we are SO lucky to have two beautiful/healthy girls why do we need another. I just love the whole process from the pregnancy to birth and when they are still so little an innocent that all they do is sleep, eat, smile and poop.

Kelli said...

No one's ever taken my kids' blood pressure, but I am certain they wouldn't care for it one bit. Weird. I'm going to check out that cookbook. I'm needing some new ideas. If I make some variation of chicken, baked beans and rice again I think my family may leave me!

Little Oak Table said...

Hee Hee Hoo Hoo Ha Heh funny!!!

What if we really sounded like that when we laughed in real life? That would be good times. You should laugh like that out loud, REALLY loud at dinner tonight and see what the boys do.

Loved this post!

I tried on a velour pantsuit at Targe' and so wanted it to look cute, but why do designers make all pants so frickin' low cut? A mom of 3 does not want to be looking booty-licious when she wants to wear the casual Friday outfit in public. Geesh!

Rodney Tindall, REALTOR said...

Horse doovers are the best.
All of my work clothes come from Target. Have for years. My pants cost $14. Have I said too much???

Rodney Tindall, REALTOR said...

Horse doovers are the best.
All of my work clothes come from Target. Have for years. My pants cost $14. Have I said too much???