Wednesday, December 24, 2008

"Missing Piece"



One of Kirby's friends wrote him this poem as she knew this would be our first Christmas without Kiley. (And, Kirby, thanks for letting me steal your blog post!)



"I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below.
With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars, reflecting on the snow.
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away that tear;
For I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I hear the many Christmas songs that people hold so dear.
But the sounds of music can't compare with the Christmas choir up here.
I have no words to tell you the joy their voices bring.
For it is beyond description to hear the angels sing.
I know how much you miss me, I see the pain inside your heart.
But I am not so far away, we really aren't apart.
I cannot tell you of the splendor or the peace inside this place
Can you imagine Christmas with our Savior, face to face?
I will ask him to light your spirit as I tell him of your love.
So then pray for one another as you lift your eyes above.
So be happy for me, dear ones, you know I hold you dear.
And be glad I'm spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year.
I sent you each a special gift, from my heavenly home above.
I sent you each a memory of my undying love.
After all, love is a gift more precious than pure gold.
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.
Please love and keep each other, as my Father said to do.
For I can't count the blessing or love he has for each of you.
So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear.
Remember, I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year."

5 comments:

Kelli said...

What a sweet poem, Thinking of you and your family...

blessedpath said...

I KNOW, this cannot compare to your grief today, but I am feeling sad too, for Spanky and Drake the doggies that have crossed my life's path. It is Christmas eve and I am a blubbering mess!!! How sad is that. Thanks for sharing the poem. I pray you and your family have nothing but happiness today, knowing she is in Heaven with our Father.

Anonymous said...

You all are in my thoughts and prayers this week. I know it's hard even when we know they are in a better place and rejoicing with our Lord! I love this poem! I'll definitely keep this one. Much love to all your family = Debbie E

Pam said...

We hope and pray you and your family will have a wonderful Christmas.

Kim said...

My mom's best friend (and my "second mom") passed away this morning after a LONG battle with cancer. It's very difficult to lose her on Christmas Eve especially. I will share this poem with them as well if that's okay. You're all in my prayers. Have a very special Christmas with all your family and tell them hello for us. Love ya!