Thursday, December 4, 2008

Quarter Mania!!

Let the games begin! Every year, when we are able to get with Lee and Kelli, Eric's parents do something pretty fun! They save, save, and save all of their change...converting it all to quarters. Then, Lee, Kelli, Zach, Eric, and I get to go on some sort of scavenger hunt in order to find them! This year, the hunt went beyond the boundaries of the house and extended to the city! (If you can call our town a city.)
Step 1: Sonshine Academy


Step 2: Go get a Frosty! (Not sure what happened to this pic...guess I didn't download it!)
Step 3: Hop on a caboose!
Step 4: Go take your pic with Jean at the Kitchen Store. Since we didn't know Jean, I wandered around til I found someone that looked like a "Jean." Whew...I was right.

Step 5: Go visit Uncle Dois. I really don't know if I spelled his name right, but when he told us his weight and it was eerily similar to my weight, I wasn't sure I liked him anymore. (Speaking of old fashioned, unique names, I had a great uncle Auffe...not sure if I spelled that one right, either!)
After 2 more clues at home, we found the BOUNTY! It was worth the hunt.
Can you seeeeee all the quarters? You can click on the picture to make it bigger so that you can get the real effect!
My OCD husband, making sure his rows are perfect.
Who said stacks of money wasn't pretty?


Our dirty hands after handling the loot!



Thanks for the payday, Herb and Barbara!
So, what is your guess? How many dollars worth of quarters do you think are in that heaping pile???

8 comments:

Libby said...

my guess is $700..... Looks like you guys had fun!!!

Kirby said...

Ok, so after Christmas a couple years ago, I really wouldn't have expected Eric to enjoy this little tradition.

Anonymous said...

WOW! My Brother-in-law is just SOOOOOO funny.

These quarters were not wrapped in 14 layers of ducktape....strange how that makes a difference.

You are crazy!!!!

Eric

Kelli said...

I won't give away the total, but I will say that Lee and I have already rolled and cashed ours - yeehaw!

Kim said...

How does she come up with these great ideas?! Sounds like lots of fun!

Kim said...

Oh, and my guess is around $450.

Anonymous said...

Uncle "Autha"

Becke' said...

OK...Libby is the winner! But, she was off $300!!

Becke'