Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Chunky Monkey

Hey Everyone! Live from Arkansas here, with my special guest of the day. Let me introduce you to Chunky Monkey, marketed by Ben and Jerry. Chunky Monkey is one of the best ice creams you will ever taste. Who knew that banana ice cream with fudge chunks and walnuts could ever be that good? It doesn't even sound good, but, oh, how it is.
Sitting here with my guest today reminded me of our Honeymoon. We trekked the Northeast, making stops in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Maine. While in the quaint town of North Conway, New Hampshire, we found a real Ben and Jerry's ice cream parlor! Ahhh!
It was situated in the the cutest park area. There was a literal town ball field in front of the store with people playing a baseball game. The picture above is what it looked like. Isn't that fun?
The wait for ice cream was probably 30 minutes or more, but who cares when you know it will satisfy your every taste bud?
And Chunky Monkey wants you to know that if you decide to sit down and eat a whole pint of ice cream in one sitting, you will be consuming almost 80 grams of fat. Ben and Jerry are not liable for any heart attacks. Perhaps eaten in two sittings will not kill a person, though.

3 comments:

blessedpath said...

I am a self proclaimed New york super fudge chunk addict myself. I also love chubby hubby. Mike will surprise me with one (a little too often lately) and say 'I got you some chubby hubby from your chubby hubby". It IS insane how much fat is in one, and yes, I usually eat the whole thing in one sitting. Usually when all my good tv shows are on, all snuggled under a blanket. We have Ben and jerry shops here, but the price of one scoop on a cone is almost as much as the pint.

Kim said...

That sounds good. Actually, any kind of sweet, fattening ice cream sounds really good right about now. :) BTW, you look like Kiley in that picture. Very pretty. And, another BTW, the picture you have of yourself on your Lulu page is GORGEOUS! How have you been doing? Miss ya.

the Fosters said...

I have never tried that, but I'm hitting the grocery store today and might have to pick up some! You make it sound soooooo tempting!