Friday, October 30, 2009

Combatting Fear

Goodness, I don't even know what to say about this past week. It has been a week of spiritual assault and the result of that attack has been me succumbing to fear. The fear has led me to a desire to totally abandon the path God placed my feet upon. It isn't ironic to me that the phrase repeated most often in the Bible is "do not fear." Jesus knows our frail frames and the thoughts that swirl around the grey matter of our souls.

As if I wasn't hurling enough insecure thoughts towards myself concerning the path God has placed me on, Satan decided to throw more my way. Of course, his came in a bit more vicious form, as in a person actually threatening me. All the sudden, the verse about loving your enemies had to become a reality in my life.

Wouldn't it be just like God, when I was sitting around in a pool of fear and despair, to yank me up and usher me into something even bigger...something I felt pretty confident about not wanting to partake in. And at the same time, telling Him "no" would be like blatantly stepping off the path He has for me and entering the forest of Everdread. Perhaps my act of stepping into the larger thing will renounce the stronghold of fear that Satan seems to have gripped me with.

God just now revealed to me the possible cause of this spiritual attack. Last Friday and Saturday, I completed most of the work on Testament Focused and was able to create the book. It is in the finishing stages, but the majority of work was done the day before the attack. Could it just be, that Satan doesn't want this project brought to completion? Anytime God's Word is printed, it will bring Him glory.

So, I think maybe that is what this week has been about. Me trying to walk in the path that would bring God glory and Satan trying to thwart that by assaulting my mind and trying to make me believe that fear should be the master of my thinking.

Would you pray that Testament Focused would become a reality and that Satan would once again be reminded that he isn't worthy of one ounce of glory? Please leave a comment if you are willing to bathe this project in prayer. I am humbled by your willingness to stand by my side in this.

9 comments:

Kim said...

You'll be in my prayers.

Heather said...

I'm praying and I am so sorry that you've had such a week.

Anonymous said...

Fear is definitely something I know about, therefore I will be diligent to pray for you to be delivered. I hate to see any of our children going through this battle, but praise God He fights these battles for us.
Love,
Barb

Anonymous said...

praying

after previewing your book, I am impressed and
also convinced that God will be glorified.

proud of you.

mom

the Fosters said...

Praying for you!

Becky Lockett said...

Becke' I hate to hear about what kind of week you have had but it explains why you have been on my heart all week. I love you and will be praying for you! I see God's glory in you and I now others do too. stay strong!
-Becky

Unknown said...

I'm so excited about your project. Do not delay, go boldly forward in the name of Jesus. Love Betty.

Kelli said...

Of course we are joinging you in prayer!

blessedpath said...

Definately praying for you!! Have you read Max Lucado's Fearless?? We started a small home group study on this book. It talks about fear and makes you take a good long look at your own life. You love to read, so I am sure you have already read this great book!!