Saturday, October 3, 2009

Week Recap!

Eric's parents headed to the beach this past week. Sniff, sniff, they didn't ask me along to be the travel journalist/photographer. But, they did ask us to keep Eric's Grandmother, since she lives with them now.

"Grandmother" is loads of fun for an 80 something year old lady. She still has lots of spunk and keeps us in our places, too. I got my first experience in putting hair in rollers. You know the kind, the black, wiry, poky things with big, pink, Q-tip looking pokers. Well, that was an adventure! It is harder than it looks! Especially when the hair is short and refuses to adhere to the roller! Let's just say we had ourselves a nice little laugh. I guess she didn't care for how it looked either, because two days later, she didn't ask me to help her again. HA!

I have a fetish about throwing away food/spices that are out of date. My in laws do not share this fetish. With their permission, I threw away three trash bags full of expired things from the pantry and fridge. Ahhh, can someone say therapy?? When cake mixes and pastas and jellies dated around the 2006 range, I began to wonder if I should keep letting my family eat over there! Ha. Just teasing. Well, not like they cook much, anymore...which, I guess is why everything they own is out of date! HA! Do you have this throw stuff away fetish like me, or do expiration dates not bother you?

I helped Grandmother clean out her closets. She switched out her summer for fall/winter. Man, the woman has some clothes! We managed to create a "get rid of" box, very therapeutic for me, once again. After the local consignment store wouldn't accept half of it, I didn't feel too bad in thinking that we were getting rid of anything too important. She has lost so much weight this year, I think she should treat herself to some clothes that fit!

I took some pictures of a sweet family this morning. Very therapeutic.

Man, have you stepped outside tonight? Very therapeutic breeze! I wish I had a nice patio with some furniture; I would go sit outside for sure and enjoy the briskness.

OK, time to get the kiddos to bed!

3 comments:

Kirby said...

Yea, expiration dates don't really faze me unless its milk.... Like I just used some butter this morning (that I had opened for the first time this morning; how bad is that) that "expired" in like June. Didn't bother me any. That may also explain why most of the food in my kitchen is frozen...

And your kinda stuck on the word therapeutic today huh?

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness!!!!! Nuff said.!

Well maybe not enough after all.....

I did not raise you like this, where does this come from?
We will be coming to your house for thanksgiving and Christmas so I don't poison you and yours.
How can a cake mix that is sealed sooo tightly you can hardly open it be bad.....if it will still rise...I don't think it will hurt you....
I agree I DO need to keep a closer eye on salad dressings in my fridge.....but Spices?
Kirby got it from me.....expiration dates don't seem to bother me either...
Yep, this is your Mother.

P.S. DAD want to know, Were you sick a lot as a child due to my not paying attention to exp. dates?
Love you....:)

Kelli said...

So far, Becke, there appears to be a consensus...you're the only one who wories about expiration dates. I mean, I won't give my kids sour milk (at least not on purpose) or rotted meat - but expires Mac and Cheese? Well, it's almost better, the older it is. Love ya girl!

Oh, and FYI - I got a bunch of the pics you took of us frmaed and hung up before the party this weekend and I got TONS of compliments on them. People were really impressed :)