Wednesday, October 14, 2009

That Doctor

(For Female Readers Only.) (Don't say I didn't warn you.)

I went to see the doctor today. You know, girls, that doctor. It doesn't help that he is nice looking. I think it might be better if an ugly stick had beat him upside the head. We get ourselves worked into a mess trying to figure out the logistics of the annual visit for that doctor. We try to outdo ourselves in the hair and makeup department because, well, when you are clothes-less, something needs to look good. Can I get an amen? Anna would like to know that I sported my pedicured toe nails and Michelle will be appalled that I didn't wear socks.

You know, I don't mind going to that doctor when I am pregnant, but it is torture for me otherwise. You know it is bad when you start talking about the latest IUD just to keep your mind off of where his eyes are. Or you start talking about camera makes and models just to keep from screaming at him for jabbing something prickly into you that seems to reach all the way into your throat.

And, it never fails that that doctor has to run to deliver a baby as soon as I get ushered into the patient room. Oh, well, the new baby gives me something else to talk about when I sit there wondering if he is going to scold me for gaining a pound since the last time I was in.

But, it was like the best hair day ever. That doctor even said so. And don't for a minute think that I didn't treat myself to a Target run afterwards. That doctor prescribed it, I am sure.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

whew... let me just say I had to read that last part several times to decipher if YOU were having "a new baby"!!! then I realized you meant, "the new baby he just delivered"

Nic said...

I'm laughing my fanny off!! So glad you were having a good hair day =)

Michelle said...

I am sure your doctor appreciated your pedicured toes and good hair day. Just think you now have a year to worry about your next visit. I am with Jenny on the whole whose baby is she talking about.

Heather said...

I LOVE "that doctor!!" :)

Paige said...

LOL - thank you for the smile today - i went to "that doctor" yesterday to check to make sure my recently placed Mirena was still in the proper location - "that doctor" for me is a woman, so I don't have some of the same issues as you and heather, BUT I too stress about socks vs fresh pedi (o:

Anonymous said...

I believe "that" Dr. you are speaking of is the son of "that" Dr. who delivered Kiley. Yep, they both have good genes in the looks department, and great bedside manner.
Too funny!
Mom

Cassie said... said...

I would rather eat dirt tahn go to that doctor!

Unknown said...

What I hate the most is the sweating thing. You know when you get nervous and you start to sweat. Such an unpleasant experience. I just want to scream. NO, I Don't Usually Sweat Like This.