Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009

Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed the celebration of our Immanuel's incarnation...I still can't get over the fact that Jesus came as a weak and helpless baby. He knows our weaknesses and limitations. He sympathizes with us and knows how to intercede on our behalves! Glory to His name!

We started the festivities at Papa and Bebe's house. We enjoyed a nice brunch and then laughed at the kids as they opened gifts. After watching the weather, we frantically packed and headed to see my family a day earlier than planned.


Here is Eli, throwing his stocking money into the air and watching it fall.

Just get the boy a Webkinz and he is as happy as can be.

This is one of my fave gifts: I had three humongo prints of the boys done and framed...it is the first time I have ever had anything other than 8x10's of them and I love the bigger size!!

Then, we headed to the great Northwest and THIS is what we woke up to on CHRISTMAS MORNING!! Can anybody say White Christmas?? YAY!!!





Dad carving our ham. Without the electric knife that has been in our family forever. I see a future gift idea coming up...

Mini in her new cowgirl apron! Howdy cutie.

Such an adorable pest my brother is.

The boys with their great grandparents.
The bow girls.

Mom about to open her diamond bracelet. Ya did good, Dad. Pearl necklace was a nice touch, too. OK, you win the best "giver" award this season.
Our Bingo loot!!
About to play bingo! What a fun game for such a competitive person like me! It doesn't matter that the game has nothing to do with skill...it is all about snatching the prize you have your eye on before anyone else does! And when your Grandad takes the chocolate brown Hog hat that you have your heart set on, you realize you will sacrifice your dream just to see it sit on his cute head! (And you don't utter a word that you had your heart set on it because you know he would give it to you in a heartbeat and all the sudden the heart's desire is just seeing him getting something he is going to enjoy!)
I hope you enjoyed your family time, too! Love you all!
I almost forgot to mention the best thing! Christmas night, we went to see my Dad's family at Aunt Karleen's. After stuffing ourselves once again, we sat around and had a little music fest! Kirby played guitar, my aunt Marcia played piano and sang, my cousin Chuck played banjo (which he just learned how to do and he is AWESOME), and Mom, Chuck's wife Maggie, and I sang as well. It was just good fun. Made me long for heaven. As I sat looking at everyone present, I counted at least 7 people gone from our presence. Pops, Granny, Kiley, (aunt) Joyce, (uncle) Jackie, (cousin) Jamie, (uncle) Lee...it made me long for the day when we can sit around a heavenly throne and pick a banjo in front of the King. All together.
In the sweet by and by, we will meet at that beautiful shore.
(Oh, and a special THANK YOU to Mini Moo for designing my blog...isn't she awesome?!)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas with snow and all the trimmings. Glad you didn't take the cute hat away from your Grandad :)