Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Week of Mess?

Whew. I just want to sit down and catch my breath! It has been nutso around here.

Tuesday night, Cade's tummy was hurting. I thought we were going to make it without the "v" word, but then he ran to the bathroom and MISSED the toilet. It spewed EVERYWHERE. I have never been so thankful for a bathroom that has old-school tiles 3/4 all the way up the walls. Cleaning that mess off of painted walls would not have been as easy. I literally started laughing when I saw where it went. (And, then, of course, I turned on "Mommy" mode and tended after the dear sick one.) I spent all the next day washing bedding.

Last night, after Sam had been in bed about 30 minutes, he came into where I was. Imagine this: your child walks into your presence with blood smeared across his face from ear to ear. Horror! His nose had started to bleed and I guess he thought it was a runny nose and he was trying to wipe it away. I just know that for the second it took my brain to register reality was not a nice one. Now we have messy sheets that need some bleach.

My house looks like it threw up. My dining room has turned into gift wrap central. What is worse is that I have no desire to clean, just to curl up with a good book, cup of Tazo Passion hot tea and read beside the Christmas lights. I finished another Charles Martin story last night. Man, the guy has the gift of story telling and character development! And boy, howdy, did I sob for about 20 minutes in one part of it. Despite the tears, his books are sooooo good and soooooo memorable.

My Christmas shopping is a little closer to being done! I am ready for everything to be wrapped and ready to go so I can sit down and enjoy the holidays!

I have to sing (by myself, whaa.) at a Christmas luncheon next week. I did it. I bought "Breath of Heaven" by Amy Grant. Don't laugh. It was the only acceptable Christmas soundtrack out there. Since I have procrastinated this to the very last possible minute, I was delighted to find any Christmas track! I begged a couple of people to come play piano for me, but they were busy. sniff.

If you need a creative Christmas gift idea for a family or some kids, the LR Zoo has their annual memberships half off right now! The membership also allows you into other national zoos for either free or at a discount.

If you have a second, go here and vote for your favorite! I would love to have "unbiased" votes out there!

I think I am going to go fix that tea now...

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Amy Grant's Christmas CD IS my Christmas soundtrack! It's what I remember listening to all growing up. I love her song "Grown-Up Christmas List." And "Breath of Heaven" is absolutely beautiful! I think you made a good choice :)

Michelle said...

Glad to hear you are surviving "The Mess."

Kelli said...

Ugh...That sounds awful. So far the crud hasn't hit us yet this year. We tend to get it in Feburary. Blech. What's the title of the book you just finished reading? I need a good book. Love ya!