Sunday, December 13, 2009

Jubilee

My heart has been yearning for a new beginning. Something fresh. A new song to sing, so to speak. I feel like it is right on the cusp, and I am ready to grab hold of it!



I don't even know what it entails, but I need something new and joyous. A year of jubilee, if you will. Did you know that every seven years in Jewish days, slaves were set free and land was given back to the original owners. There are so many spiritual meanings to this concept, I know I don't grasp even half of it. Can you imagine a life where a nation did that? It sounds like God liked new beginnings, too. I think he wanted people free and this "year of jubilee" was to ensure that freedom.



Jesus died for our sins during a year of Jubilee. His sacrifice set us totally free from the entanglements of sin and death. His obedience on the cross offered us the greatest joy and hope possible.

As we sang the song, "Did you hear the mountains tremble" this morning, the words just reinforced what I am longing for:

"Open up the doors and let the music play...and here we see that God you're moving, a time of jubilee is coming..."

Give me a new song to sing, Jesus. Write the new chords on the pages of my heart.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Some "Jubilee" sounds pretty good to me. Praying that He puts a new song on your heart.