Tuesday, December 8, 2009

More Answers.

Amelia wants to know if I think I'll ever have another child.

This is a hard one! Eric and I always said we wanted 4 kids, and here we are with 3. Not that 3 isn't a full blessing or that we feel like we are missing out on anything, we just always said we wanted 4.

Currently, we are very content and very busy with these lil hooligans. I had know idea how much busier a Mom gets when the kids start school. I guess I thought I would get a break then! HA! We limit their extra activities so that most of our nights are spent at home, but it still feels like we are busy.

We acknowledge God as creator and Sovereign, so I guess, in the end, we are leaving it up to Him. It worries me a little that Sam would probably be 5 if we had another one, and all the kids are only 2 1/2 years apart. Would the last one feel left out? Would I feel like I needed to have yet another for the 4th to play with? Is this a never ending cycle?

I wrestle with where to stick another child in our house. I know that God, in the span of 24 hours, could say, "Here is your new home that accommodates your 4th blessing," so I am trying to get over that fear.

Part of me still thinks I might like to have a girl and the other part of me says that I should stick with boys because I know what I am doing there! I can't handle whiny, manipulative, dramatic girls, but maybe God would teach me how to nip that in the bud. (Not that all little girls are that way.)

Strange thing is this: A long time ago, I was laying in bed and the Holy Spirit washed over me with this thought: "I want you to have a little girl so that you will know and understand how I feel about you." Years later, I don't know what to do with that thought...perhaps it will be fulfilled someday.

I think what happened in the halting of baby #4 was Kiley's passing. Sam was 2 and we probably would have been on track to get pregnant soon. Through the grief and the world literally stopping for a year or more, a baby was the last thing on my mind.

So, to answer your question, dear sista, I don't know. I am content with where things are right now. I am enjoying photography and a little more freedom away from the kids. But, if God decided to give us another baby, I can tell you that I would be very ecstatic. So, to God be the glory in whatever He does.

I hope that answered that!

Heather wants to know what my favorite thing about being a Mom to three boys is/and the craziest or funniest thing they have ever done.

Every single one of those fellas captured my heart when I first laid my eyes on them. We found out Cade was a boy beforehand, waited to find out about Eli, and found out with Sam. (I cried when I found out Sam was a boy, but I can't even imagine it being any other way!) At birth, everything was the same: they entered the world, looked into my eyes, and stole my beating heart from my chest. The love in that moment only grew and grew with time.

Goodness, there are many things I love about being a Mom to boys! They are easy! Give them a ball, some blocks, and Sportscenter (ha) and they are good to go. Their wardrobes are easy. Give them some sweats, jeans, and khakis and they are good to go. They don't require anything except some hair gel and toothpaste.

They play with each other without harboring bitterness and holding grudges. Sure, they may get mad with one another, but they deck each other and then feel fine! Ha! In other words, they don't come in all whiny and go sit on their beds and sulk for an hour. They just roll with the punches. (Ha)

When they get out of sorts, all it takes to get their love tanks filled back up is a good wrestling match with Daddy. He wrangles them, they gang up on him, and they are good to go for another few days. They need that manly interaction, and I am glad I can just sit back, laugh, and take a few pictures of them!

I love pointing them to Eric for questions, for three reasons. One, he is the head of the household and has a God given authority over us. Two, as they become little men, Eric will have answers for them that I will not have the wisdom to give. So, I love telling them to go talk to their Daddy about things. Three, it teaches them to approach their Heavenly Father with their hearts. Eric represents this mercy very well, as He is always approachable and good.

I love going to sporting events and cheering them on. I think I would have to gag if I had a daughter involved in dance or cheerleading. (Sorry, it just isn't me!) I am a Boy Momma, huh? I love showing them snakes at the zoo and watching them dig for worms in the dirt. I don't mind stained jeans and welps on their faces when they "accidentally" hit each other with sticks while sword fighting.

Two of the boys will still crawl in bed with me early in the morning and snuggle. It made me sad the other day to think that someday, they won't do that. (Nor should they!) If I had a girl, she would probably always crawl in bed with me, like I still crawl in bed with my Mom!

Goodness, I could go on and on. (Just like you could if you have girls!)

It is hard to think of the craziest and funniest things they have ever done. They are full of funny sayings. Right now, they enjoy communicating with only movie lines. I feel so left out!

When Sam was 2, he used to peruse the phone book as if it had colorful pictures!
When Cade was about 4, he used to lay in bed and count to 100!
When Eli was 3, we would find him in all sorts of places around the house asleep, like under our bed!

Right now, they are into "protecting" one another. They came in the other day from "sword fighting with sticks" and Cade had a welp/cut on his cheek that was bleeding. He played it all cool and said it was no big deal, that nothing happened. Right. We figured out that he wanted to protect Eli, the giver of gashes, and so he fudged on his story. Sweet, but no lies allowed in our house!

I think everyday is crazy and funny in this house!

Hope that answers your question!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

hee, hee...I love the stories of a mama to boys. I also remember you calling me when you found out Sam was a boy and you were crying and asked me to help you out if you ever appeared frumpy looking because you were afraid that if you didn't have a girl you wouldn't be able to keep up with the current styles.

So far, I'm pleased to say you haven't taken to wearing denim jumpers and your hair in a long braid down your back. You seem to be doing just fine. :)

I gotta say, boys are pretty awesome and while I am of course glad to have that little girl, I'm also glad that she's sandwiched between two little boys. It's keeping her grounded. She's the first to pick up a frog or a worm, usually walks in the dirtiest and rarely has cute hair for very long (or long hair for that matter given the fact that she likes to talk her older brother into cutting it for her...sheesh). She's rough and tumble with a bit of girliness mixed in. So it's all good.

So you never know. Maybe God will give you that little girl, and with three older brothers perhaps she will be more geared toward basketball and less toward cheerleading (which Lee has already claimed that no daughter of his will ever be a cheerleader. We'll see if that decree lasts when she bats her long lashes at him and claims that all her friends are doing it. Of course, I'd rather her not though, so we'll just see...)

Love ya!