Saturday, December 5, 2009

Whatcha Wanna Know?

Wow. I did a photo session in less than 40 degree weather this morning and it was chilly! The poor kids were troopers, yanking their coats off for quick shots and then going to stand in the sun while I worked with the parents. The kids went through about 100 kleenex, well, you know what cold weather does for the nasal area. Despite snotfest 2009, we got some great shots! The kiddos let me throw some santa hats on them...oh, how I love me a good santa shot! (Go here to see!)

We took Eric's Grandmother to the UCA Presidential home tonight for some sort of educational meet and greet. They know how to throw a party. I think there was food and beverage set up in at least three rooms. I counted at least three large Christmas trees, and I didn't even venture into most of the house. One tree had huge pheasants hanging out everywhere. As odd as that sounds, it was really pretty. Another had bubblelights, a throwback to some decade that I can't recall. I kind of wish I had been Mike Kemp, the guy behind the lens for the evening. I am much more comfortable hiding behind a camera lens, especially if it gives me a reason for being somewhere! Anyhoo, about 11 years ago, I would have hung out in a bathroom for FEAR of the unknown (people, that is) so I am making progress, I think. I did see some college professors from back in the day, not that I talked to them, or anything like that! I haven't made that much progress!

Have any of you seen any good movies lately? I want to see Blindside. Have you seen it?

OK, the reason for the post: Whatcha wanna know about me or my family?
You can ask me a question and I will do my best to give you an answer without sugar coating the truth! Part of me thinks this idea sounds egocentrical, but I like reading other people's answers when they do this, so I thought I would give it a try!

Ask away!

5 comments:

blessedpath said...

just curious, one mom from another, what is the hardest thing about your role as "mom"? It is always nice to hear another mom's perspective. Merry Christmas!! Carol

Cassie said... said...

ok, here's a hard one for you. How did you deal with the loss of your sister with your boys? How much or how little did you share with them? We've just recently been put into a similar situation and I am not sure how to approach it with my boys.

Kirby said...

Blindside is AWESOME!

And...Who's your favorite brother? Hehe...

Kim said...

Blindside is definitely a great movie. Jason and I both LOVED it! We saw it in the theater, and enjoyed it a ton. I recommend it.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm Cheryl, I've been a lurker for a long while. Your photos are SO good and you are such a fun writer! Do you have 4 or 5 siblings? Anyways, keep up the fun stories! You are such a godly mother and an inspiration! Much love, Cher